In this week’s udpate to the sync clients for the Viira Outlook Suite, we have added the following fixes and improvements:
- Ability to sync email tasks. Email tasks created in both the Viira Outlook Plugin and Viira on BlackBerry 10 now get synced as such so you will see the familiar email icon next to email tasks regardless of if they have been created locally or not. Email tasks can also be seen in the Viira Desktop Plugin however no preview is currently avaiable.
- Import Outlook Tasks. The Viira Outlook Plugin automatically imports any Outlook tasks that get created outside of the plugin and adds them to Viira. If you have older Outlook tasks that were there before you installed the Viira Outlook Plugin you can now import those old tasks as well. Go to any task list, right click and go to Settings->Outlook Tasks.
- Fix to prevent client-side race conditions with concurrent syncs. Simultaneous syncs (e.g. if you click the Sync button multiple times) are now streamlined to prevent problems and inconsistencies.
- Easily remove task date (Outlook Plugin and Desktop Client). You can now easiliy and intuitively remove a task’s due date by opening the task for edit and clicking on the red X button next to the task’s date.
- Various other small fixes.
As of this writing version 0.9.8 of the BlackBerry 10 client is still pending BlackBerry World approval. The updated Viira Outlook Plugin and Viira Desktop Client can be downloaded from the beta downloads page.
Just a quick note to let everyone participating in the Viira Cloud Sync beta know that we have updated all clients (BlackBerry 10, Outlook and PC) to version 0.9.7. The latest release contains:
- UI fixes (PC and MS Outlook). We added some fixes to the UI and most notably fixed a font issue in the headers of the task grids.
- Reinstated support for BlackBerry OS 10.1. Due to a faulty build some of you trying to download the beta on an OS 10.1 device were experiencing problems. This is now fixed.
- A few minor bug fixes.
You can download the latest version of the clients from the Viira Cloud Sync beta site http://www.kartamobile.com/gtdoutlook/beta.php
To install the latest version of the Viira Outlook Plugin or the Viira Desktop Client make sure to uninstall the old one first by going through Control Panel -> Programs.
For all of you who would like to have access to your Viira data from your computer or laptop, we are introducing the new Viira Desktop Client. You can download it from the Viira cloud sync beta page.
Built to use the Viira cloud sync service and to sync through the cloud, the Viira Desktop Client offers the same powerful GTD-centric functions like projects, contexts, day tasks, reminders, next actions to name a few. And with the Viira cloud sync service you can instantly sync with Viira on your BlackBerry 10 and the Viira Outlook Plugin inside Microsoft Outlook.
Here are some cool new workflows that the Viira Desktop Client makes possible:
- Review projects created on an Outlook desktop from a laptop
- Enter a bunch of tasks and projects from the Viira Desktop Client, further organize them from Outlook
- Create a task with a reminder on the Viira Desktop Client. Using the Viira sync service the reminder automatically appears in your BlackBerry and Outlook calendars.
The Viira Desktop Client is supported on Microsoft Windows XP SP3 or later.
And here is a screenshot of how the Viira Desktop Client looks like:
Thanks again for all of you taking part in our beta program and helping us make Viira better for everyone!
We made a few fixes and updates to both the beta version of cloud-synced Viira Outlook Plugin and Viira BlackBerry 10 app thanks to the feedback we received. You can download the latest from the beta site.
Here are some of the changes and fixes that are available in the updated sync clients (v. 0.9.6)
- Fixes to email tasks in Outlook plugin. We received a couple of reports of email tasks not working in the outlook plugin and we have fixed that. You can now create an email task in Outlook as always. (Note that for this version of the beta only the task part of an email task syncs whereas the email attachment part “stays” on the Outlook plugin only and doesn’t make it all the way the Viira BlackBerry 10 client).
- Sync authentication fix (BlackBerry 10 client). Under some cirtumstances sync uploads were wrongly denied. If you have experienced this problem the fix is available in version 0.9.6 of the Viira Outlook Suite for BlackBerry 10. Note: applying the fix requires the complete removal of the Viira Outlook Suite beta app on your BlackBerry 10 and then re-installing it again from BlackBerry World.
- Added sample projects for getting started. Both the BlackBerry 10 app and the Outlook plugin now contain a couple of sample projects to help people get started with the Viira Outlook Suite. The projects are available on a brand-new, fresh install.
To update the Viira Outlook Plugin:
- Uninstall the Viira Outlook Plugin by going to Control Panel -> Programs
- Run the installer
Your Viira data will remain on your computer’s harddrive and won’t be affected during the re-install.
To update the Viira Outlook Suite BlackBerry 10 app:
- Delete the Viira Outlook Suite Beta app from your BlackBerry 10. This will delete your Viira data on your BlackBerry 10 but you will get it back by re-syncing after the reinstall.
- Re-install the app from BlackBerry World.
- Re-activate the cloud sync: Click on Activate Sync and enter your Viira sync email and password on the Log In tab
- Sync. This will bring all your data from the cloud to the Viira Outlook Suite Beta app.
Having to delete first and and then re-install the BlackBerry 10 app is something that was uniquely required by this update, it definitely won’t be how updates are handled in the future on BlackBerry 10. But for this particular beta update full delete-install cycle is needed.
Thanks to all of you who sent in your feedback and to everyone who submited their issue reports!
We are very excited to be announcing that the Viira Outlook Suite for BlackBerry 10, our first offering based on the Viira Cloud Sync Service is now available as a public beta! You can download the beta here.
The Viira Outlook Suite for BlackBerry 10 combines the Viira Outlook Plugin, Viira for BlackBerry 10 and our cloud sync service to provide the first feature-rich, end-to-end solution for Getting Things Done for BlackBerry 10 and Microsoft Outlook.
A due caution: this is beta software so please proceed to download and install it only if you are comfortable with running beta software on your computer and mobile devices. As with all beta software, there may be defects, glitches etc.
We want to thank in advance to everyone who will be participating in the beta program and helping us make the Viira Cloud Sync better for everyone!
We are very excited to announce that the Viira Outlook Suite For BlackBerry 10 Beta has been submitted and currently is waiting for BlackBerry World approval! The Viira Outlook Suite for BlackBerry 10 will provide the ‘missing link’ between Viira for BlackBerry 10 and the Viira Outlook Plugin and use our cloud sync service to provide seamless wireless sync.
Stay tuned for more details!
As one of the top apps in the Productivity category, Viira has gained a prominent spot on the BlackBerry Facebook page and is currently being featured there!
You can check out the post by going to BlackBerry’s Facebook page on www.facebook.com/BlackBerryNA.
Viira featured on the BlackBerry Facebook page!
Those of you who have BlackBerry devices provisioned with BES and BlackBerry Balance are familiar how your BlackBerry is separated into two areas: Work and Personal. Both areas are kept separate by the BlackBerry 10 OS in order to keep your enterprise data secure and at the same time give you the ability to install whatever apps you want.
This post explains how to install Viira on your Work partition so that you can have Viira integrate with your work email, calendar, contacts, etc. and applies to all of you who have a BES-managed BlackBerry device.
When you install Viira BlackBerry World normally installs in your Personal area. In order to be able to install Viira under your Work area just send Viira’s BlackBerry World URL to your IT/system administrator (the person who manages your BlackBerry deployment in your organization) and request that Viira gets added to your BlackBerry World for Work area. Here is Viira’s BlackBerry World URL: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/21745483.
Once Viira gets added to your organization’s BlackBerry World for Work you will be able to go to the Work area in your BlackBerry World app and download Viira from there.
The process of adding Viira to BlackBerry World for Work is very easy, your IT/system adminstrator just needs to copy and paste the URL in right place in the BES management console. Viira has earned the Built For BlackBerry certification which signifies it has passed BlackBerry’s stringent vetting process and it delivers the signature BlackBerry experiences, so your IT person should not have any concerns about adding it to your Work area.
A Note On Licensing
Our licensing allows you to use Viira on both Work and Personal at the same time. You might find this useful if you want to keep separate personal and work-oriented GTD systems and you can have that with Viira installed on both partitions.
If you have purchased Viira already you can also use your existing license key to activate Viira on both partitions.
If you have any questions or need further assistance with this don’t hesitate to reach out to our support staff and we will be more than happy to help out!
We just released version 5.2 of Viira for BlackBerry 10 which contains a feature that many of you have requested a lot over the past few months: the ability to associate a task with an email. Many of you who used Viira for BlackBerry OS found this feature indispensable for staying organized and being on top of your email and we are glad to be able to bring it in Viira!
Here are is the full list of new feature additions to the Viira feature set in version 5.2:
- Email Tasks. Organize your email by adding an email to any task in Viira. You can then organize your email task and file it in a project, context, day, flag it as a next action or even add a reminder to it. Similarly to adding a contact to a task (available since version 5.1), to add an email to a task open the task, click on Add Attchment, then Email and select the email in the list. You can preview the email you are about to add via a long tap. The fast search field is there to help you quickly find the email you were looking for.
- Hide Completed. A productivity booster, hiding completed tasks makes it easy to focus on what remains to be done. The “Hide Completed” menu option is available in all major Viira views and you can view your completed taska again by selecting “Show Completed”
- Backup/Restore. You can now backup your Viira data to a file on your SD Card for an extra peace of mind. To achieve an extra level of cloud-based backup you can backup your data to your Dropbox folder and Dropbox will automatically save your Viira backup file to the cloud and replicate it to your other computers and devices on which you have set up Dropbox.
- Inbasket Reordering. The “Reorder Tasks” panel is now available in the Viira In-Basket as well, enabling you to prioritize your incoming and unassigned tasks.
This release also contains a number of other small additions, tweaks and fixes so make sure to check it out! You can download the latest version of the Viira free trial from BlackBerry World. For those of you who already have the full version you can update to the latest version from here.
And here are some screenshot of how the big new feature in Viira 5.2, email tasks, looks like:
The latest software update to Viira for BlackBerry 10 brings a lot of exciting capabilities which we hope many of you will find useful and help you stay organized in your day-to-day lives. These features make good on the promise we made earlier this srping to bring every feature in Viira for BlackBerry OS available on BlackBerry 10 (and also on Android, that’s coming next month).
Here is what is new in Viira 5.1 for BlackBerry 10:
- Reminders. Every task in Viira for BlackBerry 10 can now have a reminder. Reminders are associated with a system-level reminder event and will appear in your BlackBerry 10 Calendar.
- Contact Tasks. You can now manage contacts, customers and key relationships and integrate them in your portable GTD system. Attaching a contact to a task is easy: just open the task and click on the “Add Attachment” button. It is like adding a touch of CRM to your GTD system.
- Task Reordering. Being able to prioritize tasks has been a key capability in Viira for BlackBerry OS and we are pleased to bring it to BlackBerry 10. You can reorder the tasks in any project, context, day as well as in the Next Actions view by selecting “Reorder Tasks” from the menu. Then use the touchscreen control and reorder the tasks as you see fit! (see screenshot below)
You can download the latest version of the Viira free trial from BlackBerry World. For those of you who already have the full version you can update to the latest version from here.
You will notice that clicking on “Add Attachment” also lists a number of other attachments types that we are working on making available shortly, such as images, files and most importantly email messages. We are very excited about this productivity capabilities that new attachment types can bring so stay tuned!
And here are some screenshots of how the latest version of Viira looks on BlackBerry 10: