As one of the top apps in the Productivity category, Viira has gained a prominent spot on the BlackBerry Facebook page and is currently being featured there!
You can check out the post by going to BlackBerry’s Facebook page on www.facebook.com/BlackBerryNA.
Viira featured on the BlackBerry Facebook page!
Those of you who have BlackBerry devices provisioned with BES and BlackBerry Balance are familiar how your BlackBerry is separated into two areas: Work and Personal. Both areas are kept separate by the BlackBerry 10 OS in order to keep your enterprise data secure and at the same time give you the ability to install whatever apps you want.
This post explains how to install Viira on your Work partition so that you can have Viira integrate with your work email, calendar, contacts, etc. and applies to all of you who have a BES-managed BlackBerry device.
When you install Viira BlackBerry World normally installs in your Personal area. In order to be able to install Viira under your Work area just send Viira’s BlackBerry World URL to your IT/system administrator (the person who manages your BlackBerry deployment in your organization) and request that Viira gets added to your BlackBerry World for Work area. Here is Viira’s BlackBerry World URL: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/21745483.
Once Viira gets added to your organization’s BlackBerry World for Work you will be able to go to the Work area in your BlackBerry World app and download Viira from there.
The process of adding Viira to BlackBerry World for Work is very easy, your IT/system adminstrator just needs to copy and paste the URL in right place in the BES management console. Viira has earned the Built For BlackBerry certification which signifies it has passed BlackBerry’s stringent vetting process and it delivers the signature BlackBerry experiences, so your IT person should not have any concerns about adding it to your Work area.
A Note On Licensing
Our licensing allows you to use Viira on both Work and Personal at the same time. You might find this useful if you want to keep separate personal and work-oriented GTD systems and you can have that with Viira installed on both partitions.
If you have purchased Viira already you can also use your existing license key to activate Viira on both partitions.
If you have any questions or need further assistance with this don’t hesitate to reach out to our support staff and we will be more than happy to help out!
We just released version 5.2 of Viira for BlackBerry 10 which contains a feature that many of you have requested a lot over the past few months: the ability to associate a task with an email. Many of you who used Viira for BlackBerry OS found this feature indispensable for staying organized and being on top of your email and we are glad to be able to bring it in Viira!
Here are is the full list of new feature additions to the Viira feature set in version 5.2:
- Email Tasks. Organize your email by adding an email to any task in Viira. You can then organize your email task and file it in a project, context, day, flag it as a next action or even add a reminder to it. Similarly to adding a contact to a task (available since version 5.1), to add an email to a task open the task, click on Add Attchment, then Email and select the email in the list. You can preview the email you are about to add via a long tap. The fast search field is there to help you quickly find the email you were looking for.
- Hide Completed. A productivity booster, hiding completed tasks makes it easy to focus on what remains to be done. The “Hide Completed” menu option is available in all major Viira views and you can view your completed taska again by selecting “Show Completed”
- Backup/Restore. You can now backup your Viira data to a file on your SD Card for an extra peace of mind. To achieve an extra level of cloud-based backup you can backup your data to your Dropbox folder and Dropbox will automatically save your Viira backup file to the cloud and replicate it to your other computers and devices on which you have set up Dropbox.
- Inbasket Reordering. The “Reorder Tasks” panel is now available in the Viira In-Basket as well, enabling you to prioritize your incoming and unassigned tasks.
This release also contains a number of other small additions, tweaks and fixes so make sure to check it out! You can download the latest version of the Viira free trial from BlackBerry World. For those of you who already have the full version you can update to the latest version from here.
And here are some screenshot of how the big new feature in Viira 5.2, email tasks, looks like:
The latest software update to Viira for BlackBerry 10 brings a lot of exciting capabilities which we hope many of you will find useful and help you stay organized in your day-to-day lives. These features make good on the promise we made earlier this srping to bring every feature in Viira for BlackBerry OS available on BlackBerry 10 (and also on Android, that’s coming next month).
Here is what is new in Viira 5.1 for BlackBerry 10:
- Reminders. Every task in Viira for BlackBerry 10 can now have a reminder. Reminders are associated with a system-level reminder event and will appear in your BlackBerry 10 Calendar.
- Contact Tasks. You can now manage contacts, customers and key relationships and integrate them in your portable GTD system. Attaching a contact to a task is easy: just open the task and click on the “Add Attachment” button. It is like adding a touch of CRM to your GTD system.
- Task Reordering. Being able to prioritize tasks has been a key capability in Viira for BlackBerry OS and we are pleased to bring it to BlackBerry 10. You can reorder the tasks in any project, context, day as well as in the Next Actions view by selecting “Reorder Tasks” from the menu. Then use the touchscreen control and reorder the tasks as you see fit! (see screenshot below)
You can download the latest version of the Viira free trial from BlackBerry World. For those of you who already have the full version you can update to the latest version from here.
You will notice that clicking on “Add Attachment” also lists a number of other attachments types that we are working on making available shortly, such as images, files and most importantly email messages. We are very excited about this productivity capabilities that new attachment types can bring so stay tuned!
And here are some screenshots of how the latest version of Viira looks on BlackBerry 10:
We are happy to announce that our team has made the necessary changes to make Viira for BlackBerry 10 available on the much-anticipated BlackBerry Q10 smartphone. The changes were needed largely in order to make Viira fit within the Q10 screen size (720×720 compared to the Z10’s 1280×768 screen) and to fit within the Q10’s font, layout and visual style.
The software update is available in verison 5.0.7 of Viira for BlackBerry 10 which we submitted for BlackBerry World approval moments ago. It should be available for download within 24 to 48 hours, depending on how long it takes for BlackBerry World to process the update and start distributing it.
Viira On The BlackBerry Q10
Viira for BlackBerry 10 is complete and currently waiting to be approved by BlackBerry World (a.k.a App World). And while we eagerly await for the approval (hurry up, BlackBerry World, it has been almost a month since we submitted!) we decide to share some screenshots with you.
Viira for BlackBerry 10 is a complete port of Viira 4.0 and provides the familiar dashboard interface as well as the ability to organize your to-dos and commitments in the familiar five dimensions: projects, contexts, days, next actions and an in-basket. And here are some screenshots:
BlackBerry World is apparently quite backlogged because of the large number of submissions that they have received over the last couple of months so we can’t say for sure when it will be our turn to be approved. We are hoping it will be within days now as the folks at BlackBerry have made an official commitment to clear the backlog by the end of the month and have all apps approved by early April. So stay tuned!
We received a lot of questsions since the BlackBerry 10 launch so we wanted to confirm: Viira will be available on BlackBerry 10. We are very committed to the BlackBerry platform and are super excited about the BB10 roll out and the amazing capabilities it brings.
Viira on BlackBerry 10 will be a completely native experience, built using Cascades (the new environment provided by BlackBerry 10) and will come with a lot of the signature BB10 capabilities like flow, peek and deep integration with PIM data on your device. We are working around the clock to meet a February 18th deadline and get Viira certified as Built For BlackBerry, so keep your fingers crossed for us!
We actually already have a BB10 version of Viira approved for distribution by App World. This version is the port of the Viira for Android. If you are familiar with the BlackBerry 10 environment you probably know that BB10 provides a way for Android apps to run natively on the device.
Initially we were planning on launching on BlackBerry 10 with our Android version however the more we learned about the exciting capabilities of Cascades the more we liked what we saw. So we decided to change the course and offer a completely native experience right from the start.
We expect Viira for BlackBerry 10 to be available for download by month’s end, depending on App World approval and how long it takes to attain Built For BlackBerry status. Stay tuned!
Complimentary Upgrade To BB10
We will also provide a complimentary upgrade to Viira for BB10 to anyone who purchases the full version of Viira or the Viira Outlook Suite on or after 01 February 2013. So if you like what Viira has to offer on your BlackBerry but plan on upgrading to BB10 you don’t need to wait in order to take advantage of everything Viira can do.
We are very excited to announce something many of you have been patiently waiting for a while now: Viira for Android is now available for download. You can download it from Google Play or from the Viira for Android download page.
Viira for Android presents exactly the same interface and core GTD functionality that you can find in the BlackBerry version of Viira:
- All core components of GTD covered. In Viira for Android you will find support for projects, multiple contexs, day tasks, next actions, an in-basket and lots more capabilities to help you stay organized.
- Multiple contexts: Classify a task in as many contexts as you want
- In-Basket: Perfect for the collection phase of GTD, the in-basket lets you enter tasks that are awaiting further processing and classification in your GTD system.
- Next Actions: help you focus on what is actionable next. Tasks marked as next actions can be found in the Next Actions view and they also appear at the top of any task list to indicate that they are, well, next actions.
- Calendar Integration. The Viira for Android day view shows the list of your day’s appointments alongside your day’s tasks.
- Dashboard. Just like on Viira for BlackBerry, the Viira for Android dashboard makes all key areas of your GTD system a tap on the screen away.
- Search. Quickly find the task you are looking for with Viira’s fast iterative search, available right from the dashboard.
- And more! Download the free trial today and see what Viira for Android can do!
Viira for Android is supported on Android 2.2 and up. The current version is 4.0 to reflect close feature parity with Viira 4.0 for BlackBerry.
And here are some screenshots from Viira for Android:
As promised earlier today, we have completed the integration of the fixes from the Viira 4.0.5 update into the Viira Outlook Suite BlackBerry client. Version 2.1.02 of the Outlook Plugin and BlackBerry client are now available for download from the downloads page.
Here is the list of fixes addressed in this update:
- Fix to the Next Actions shortcut interceptor in the BlackBerry client. Entering special symbols in the Quick Add field that are also keyboard shortcuts now works correctly and you can now use symbols like ‘@’ (ALT+P), ‘-’ (Alt+I), ‘5′ (ALT+D) and ‘9′ (ALT+C) in the quick add field without unintentionally triggering a view change.
- Setting Hide Completed in order to hide completed tasks is now a system-wide setting that survives system restarts/battery pulls (BlackBerry client).
- Problems with search in the Outlook plugin under certain conditions mostly related to BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) environments are now fixed.
We have added a few minor fixes to Viira and rolled them all together into a separate software update. Below is a list of the issues that we fixed, actually some of them were fixed in earlier software updates but I thought I’d mention them here for completeness:
- Fix to the Next Actions shortcut interceptor. Entering special symbols in the Quick Add field that are also keyboard shortcuts are no longer incorrectly intercepted. You can now use symbols like ‘@’ (ALT-P), ‘-’ (Alt-I), ‘5′ (ALT-D) and ‘9′ in the quick add field without unintentionally triggering a view change. (thanks Willy for pointing this out to us!)
- Setting Hide Completed in order to hide completed tasks is now a system-wide setting that survives system restarts/battery pulls. We previously thought this wasn’t necessary or needed- but we stand corrected!
- Fix to email links in email tasks. Under certain circumstances the link to the original email that a Viira email task holds ceased to be valid. This resulted in the message “Unable to find original message” from appearing on occasion when clicking View Email in the email task when the email was actually still there. This is now fixed. (available since version 4.0.4)
- Setting Hide Completed in Next Actions view works properly (fixed since version 4.0.3).
You can download the latest bug fix release from the Viira download page (click on the Downloads tab above) or by pointing your BlackBerry to our mobile site kartamobile.com/bb. The fixes will be rolled into a corresponding update to the Viira Outlook Suite as well very shortly: within the next 24hrs or so.
Thanks again to everyone who pointed our attention to these glitches, we always pay close attention to the feedback we receive and fix problems as a matter of top priority!