Version 5.6 of Viira for BlackBerry 10 is now available for download. In the latest release brings powerful new task sorting and grouping, advanced search of projects and contexts and a quick ‘move to top’ feature.
Here is a list of the new features in version 5.6:
- Sort By Project: See your tasks in Day View, Next Actions as well as Email Tasks, Contacts Tasks as well as the tasks in any context grouped and sorted by project. Starred projects’s tasks always appear first.
- Sort By Context: See the tasks in Day View, Next Actions, Contact Tasks as well as the tasks in any project grouped and sorted by context. Starred contexts’ tasks always appear first.
- Move To Top: Quickly move a task to the top of any task list by selecting Move To Top from the long-tap menu. Available for Day View, Next Actions, Email Tasks and Contact Tasks as well as when viewing the tasks for any project and context.
- Project Search: Search your projects in the Projects view. Useful when you have a large number of projects or when you organize your project names by naming them hierarchically.
- Context Search: Search your contexts in the Contexts view.
You can download the latest version of Viira from BlackBerry App World or from the downloads page.
Viira 5.6 for BlackBerry 10 is available for OS 10.3.1 or later and syncs with all the other Viira apps like the Viira Outlook Add-In, Viira Windows App as well as Viira for iOS and Android.
And here are some screenshots of Viira 5.6 in action:
- Create email tasks directly from the Hub via Share
- Create contact tasks directly from the Contacts app via Share
- Manage email and contact task with ease with new dedicated views
- Easy launch of the Viira Outlook Add-In
- Quick email and contact task creation with the Viira Outlook Add-In
- BlackBerry Passport and OS 10.3 support
- Automatic task sorting: focus on what matters most first
- And more! See below for full feature list.
Many of you asked for a faster way to create email tasks - and our team delivered. With version 5.5 of Viira you can quickly create email tasks directly from the Hub via Share! You can similarly create new contact tasks directly form the Contacts app.
The new Email Tasks and Contact Tasks views (also available in the Viira Outlook Add-In and PC App) offer a dedicated area for email and contact task management to help you stay on top of your emails and contact-related commitments.
Download for BlackBerry 10
Viira for MS Outlook App (opens in BlackBerry World)*
Viira (opens in BlackBerry World)*
*(Both our Viira and Viira for MS Outlook apps offer identical features and capabilities. We maintain two app entries solely for legacy and marketing reasons. Please continue to use whichever app you are already using).
Download for Windows PC
Download Viira Outlook Add-In
Download Viira PC App
If you have installed a previous version of the Viira Outlook Add-In or PC App you will need to uninstall it first by going to Control Panel->Programs. Your local Viira data will remain intact during the re-install.
List Of All New Features in Version 5.5 of Viira on BlackBerry 10
- Create Email Tasks Directly From The Hub. Add email tasks to Viira directly from your Inbox as they arrive! Simply select Share from the menu and then select Viira as the target app. Email tasks in Viira maintain a link to the email that they are associated with and you can view the original by clicking Open Email.
- Create Contact Tasks Directly From Your Contacts App. You can similarly create a contact task directly from your Contacts app by selecting Share->Viira. Contact task maintain a link to the associated contact and you can view the full contact’s details by selecting View Contact or place a call or start an email by clicking Call and Email, respectively.
- New Email Tasks View. To help you manage your email to-dos and stay on top of your email we have added the new Email Tasks view. All email tasks automatically go to the Email Tasks view. You can search, reorder and prioritize your email tasks by assigning next actions, just like any other view in Viira. The Email Tasks View is also available in the Viira Outlook Add-In and PC App.
- New Contact Tasks View. The new Contact Tasks view helps you add a touch of CRM to your GTD system. In it you will see all contact-related tasks. You can search, reorder and prioritize by assigning next actions. The Contact Tasks View is also available in the Viira Outlook Add-In and PC App.
- Automatic Task Sorting: Next Actions Always On Top. Viira always tries to help you focus on what is important first. Tasks flagged as next actions now always appear at the top of any task list. Next actions also appear at the top of the new Email Tasks and Contact Tasks views.
- Automatic Task Sorting: Completed Tasks Pushed To The Bottom. To help you focus on what remains to be done completed tasks now automatically get pushed down to the bottom of any task list .
- BlackBerry Passport, OS 10.3 Support. Viira is fully compliant with the new BlackBerry Passport and OS 10.3. We have graphically re-designed some areas of Viira to fit the Passport’s large screen size, theme as well as 10.3 OS.
Download Viira 5.5 - All Apps
Viira Outlook Add-In Updates: Quick Access, Fast Email Task Creation
In addition to the newly introduced Email Tasks and Contact Tasks tabs, we have also updated the Viira Outlook Add-In to make it easier to access it and perform key actions:
- Quick, Intuitive Launch. You can now launch the Viira Outlook Add-In directly from the Home tab in the Microsoft Outlook ribbon interface. This feature is available on Outlook 2010 and 2013
- Quick Email Task Creation. You will see a new Create Email Task button when you go through or read your emails. Clicking this button creates a new email tasks.
- Quick Contact Task Creation. Similarly to email task creation, you will see a new button called Create Contact Task. The button is visible when you are in the Contacts area in Outlook
Here is how the new Viira Outlook Add-In shortcut buttons look like on the MS Outlook ribbon under Email and Contacts, respectively:
The Viira PC App has also been updated to include the new Email Tasks and Contacts Tasks tab.
Download Viira 5.5 - All Apps
We just released a minor software update with a few updates worth mentioning. Here is what is new:
- Support for the new BlackBerry Passport. If you are one of the early adopters and already sporting the new BlackBerry Passport, we have you covered. The latest version of Viira is now fully compatible with BlackBerry’s latest devices
- Support for OS 10.3. Even though OS 10.3 is not officially released for the remaining BlackBerry 10 devices such as the Z10, Z30, Q5 and Q10 we know many of you are running beta/leaked builds. As of version 5.4.5 Viira is now fully compatible with OS 10.3.
- Theme compatibility with Q10, Q5 devices. We restored Viira’s signature blue theme to some Q10 and Q5 devices on which some areas of Viira were previously showing in the default dark theme.
- Auto-scroll on quick add. When entering tasks in one after the other using Viira’s quick add component Viira automatically scrolls down to the newly added task if the screen is already full with other tasks
- Support for non-Gregorian calendar (Outlook Add-In and PC App). The Viira Outlook Add-In and PC App function properly on systems that don’t use the Gregorian but instead use alternative calendars popular in some parts of the world such as the Islamic Calendar.
You can download the latest version of Viira from the downloads page.
We are very excited to be announcing that the Viira Outlook Suite for BlackBerry 10, our first offering based on the Viira Cloud Sync Service is now available as a public beta! You can download the beta here.
The Viira Outlook Suite for BlackBerry 10 combines the Viira Outlook Plugin, Viira for BlackBerry 10 and our cloud sync service to provide the first feature-rich, end-to-end solution for Getting Things Done for BlackBerry 10 and Microsoft Outlook.
A due caution: this is beta software so please proceed to download and install it only if you are comfortable with running beta software on your computer and mobile devices. As with all beta software, there may be defects, glitches etc.
We want to thank in advance to everyone who will be participating in the beta program and helping us make the Viira Cloud Sync better for everyone!
We are very excited to announce that the Viira Outlook Suite For BlackBerry 10 Beta has been submitted and currently is waiting for BlackBerry World approval! The Viira Outlook Suite for BlackBerry 10 will provide the ‘missing link’ between Viira for BlackBerry 10 and the Viira Outlook Plugin and use our cloud sync service to provide seamless wireless sync.
Stay tuned for more details!
Those of you who have BlackBerry devices provisioned with BES and BlackBerry Balance are familiar how your BlackBerry is separated into two areas: Work and Personal. Both areas are kept separate by the BlackBerry 10 OS in order to keep your enterprise data secure and at the same time give you the ability to install whatever apps you want.
This post explains how to install Viira on your Work partition so that you can have Viira integrate with your work email, calendar, contacts, etc. and applies to all of you who have a BES-managed BlackBerry device.
When you install Viira BlackBerry World normally installs in your Personal area. In order to be able to install Viira under your Work area just send Viira’s BlackBerry World URL to your IT/system administrator (the person who manages your BlackBerry deployment in your organization) and request that Viira gets added to your BlackBerry World for Work area. Here is Viira’s BlackBerry World URL: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/21745483.
Once Viira gets added to your organization’s BlackBerry World for Work you will be able to go to the Work area in your BlackBerry World app and download Viira from there.
The process of adding Viira to BlackBerry World for Work is very easy, your IT/system adminstrator just needs to copy and paste the URL in right place in the BES management console. Viira has earned the Built For BlackBerry certification which signifies it has passed BlackBerry’s stringent vetting process and it delivers the signature BlackBerry experiences, so your IT person should not have any concerns about adding it to your Work area.
A Note On Licensing
Our licensing allows you to use Viira on both Work and Personal at the same time. You might find this useful if you want to keep separate personal and work-oriented GTD systems and you can have that with Viira installed on both partitions.
If you have purchased Viira already you can also use your existing license key to activate Viira on both partitions.
If you have any questions or need further assistance with this don’t hesitate to reach out to our support staff and we will be more than happy to help out!
We just released version 5.2 of Viira for BlackBerry 10 which contains a feature that many of you have requested a lot over the past few months: the ability to associate a task with an email. Many of you who used Viira for BlackBerry OS found this feature indispensable for staying organized and being on top of your email and we are glad to be able to bring it in Viira!
Here are is the full list of new feature additions to the Viira feature set in version 5.2:
- Email Tasks. Organize your email by adding an email to any task in Viira. You can then organize your email task and file it in a project, context, day, flag it as a next action or even add a reminder to it. Similarly to adding a contact to a task (available since version 5.1), to add an email to a task open the task, click on Add Attchment, then Email and select the email in the list. You can preview the email you are about to add via a long tap. The fast search field is there to help you quickly find the email you were looking for.
- Hide Completed. A productivity booster, hiding completed tasks makes it easy to focus on what remains to be done. The “Hide Completed” menu option is available in all major Viira views and you can view your completed taska again by selecting “Show Completed”
- Backup/Restore. You can now backup your Viira data to a file on your SD Card for an extra peace of mind. To achieve an extra level of cloud-based backup you can backup your data to your Dropbox folder and Dropbox will automatically save your Viira backup file to the cloud and replicate it to your other computers and devices on which you have set up Dropbox.
- Inbasket Reordering. The “Reorder Tasks” panel is now available in the Viira In-Basket as well, enabling you to prioritize your incoming and unassigned tasks.
This release also contains a number of other small additions, tweaks and fixes so make sure to check it out! You can download the latest version of the Viira free trial from BlackBerry World. For those of you who already have the full version you can update to the latest version from here.
And here are some screenshot of how the big new feature in Viira 5.2, email tasks, looks like:
The latest software update to Viira for BlackBerry 10 brings a lot of exciting capabilities which we hope many of you will find useful and help you stay organized in your day-to-day lives. These features make good on the promise we made earlier this srping to bring every feature in Viira for BlackBerry OS available on BlackBerry 10 (and also on Android, that’s coming next month).
Here is what is new in Viira 5.1 for BlackBerry 10:
- Reminders. Every task in Viira for BlackBerry 10 can now have a reminder. Reminders are associated with a system-level reminder event and will appear in your BlackBerry 10 Calendar.
- Contact Tasks. You can now manage contacts, customers and key relationships and integrate them in your portable GTD system. Attaching a contact to a task is easy: just open the task and click on the “Add Attachment” button. It is like adding a touch of CRM to your GTD system.
- Task Reordering. Being able to prioritize tasks has been a key capability in Viira for BlackBerry OS and we are pleased to bring it to BlackBerry 10. You can reorder the tasks in any project, context, day as well as in the Next Actions view by selecting “Reorder Tasks” from the menu. Then use the touchscreen control and reorder the tasks as you see fit! (see screenshot below)
You can download the latest version of the Viira free trial from BlackBerry World. For those of you who already have the full version you can update to the latest version from here.
You will notice that clicking on “Add Attachment” also lists a number of other attachments types that we are working on making available shortly, such as images, files and most importantly email messages. We are very excited about this productivity capabilities that new attachment types can bring so stay tuned!
And here are some screenshots of how the latest version of Viira looks on BlackBerry 10:
We are happy to announce that our team has made the necessary changes to make Viira for BlackBerry 10 available on the much-anticipated BlackBerry Q10 smartphone. The changes were needed largely in order to make Viira fit within the Q10 screen size (720×720 compared to the Z10’s 1280×768 screen) and to fit within the Q10’s font, layout and visual style.
The software update is available in verison 5.0.7 of Viira for BlackBerry 10 which we submitted for BlackBerry World approval moments ago. It should be available for download within 24 to 48 hours, depending on how long it takes for BlackBerry World to process the update and start distributing it.
Viira On The BlackBerry Q10
Viira for BlackBerry 10 is complete and currently waiting to be approved by BlackBerry World (a.k.a App World). And while we eagerly await for the approval (hurry up, BlackBerry World, it has been almost a month since we submitted!) we decide to share some screenshots with you.
Viira for BlackBerry 10 is a complete port of Viira 4.0 and provides the familiar dashboard interface as well as the ability to organize your to-dos and commitments in the familiar five dimensions: projects, contexts, days, next actions and an in-basket. And here are some screenshots:
BlackBerry World is apparently quite backlogged because of the large number of submissions that they have received over the last couple of months so we can’t say for sure when it will be our turn to be approved. We are hoping it will be within days now as the folks at BlackBerry have made an official commitment to clear the backlog by the end of the month and have all apps approved by early April. So stay tuned!