For those of you making the transition from the Viira Outlook Suite to the new generation of Viira cloud-synced apps we have provided a migration tool make moving your data a synch.
First make sure to download and install version 5.5.3 or later of the Viira Outlook Add-In. (To check what version of the Viira Outlook Add-In you have installed you can either go to Control Panel->Programs or select “Send Feedback” from the menu).
Here is what you need to do:
- Open the Viira Outlook Add-In
- Click on the right-most button in the button bar (red arrow - see image below)
- Select Import Viira Outlook Suite Data from the menu.
Click on the right-most button to show the More Options menu
This will open the Viira Outlook Suite data migration tool. Note that if you have a large number of Outlook tasks or Viira Outlook Suite tasks the import process can take more than a few seconds to import so please be patient and give the import tool the time it needs to complete.
The data migration tool to help you import your Viira Outlook Suite data to the Viira Outlook Add-In
You can perform this migration not just on the same PC on which you have installed the Viira Outlook Suite in the past. You can also perform the data migration on any another PC with MS Outlook installed and the Outlook tasks moved/migrated/synced from the original PC on which the Viira Outlook Suite was installed. This is because of the way the Viira Outlook Suite integrates deeply with the native tasks - if you move your native tasks over to another PC all the data will still be there to import.
We just released a hotfix update to the Viira Outlook Add-In. The latest version 5.5.2 contains important performance and stability enhancements and will be noticed particularly by those running MS Outlook 2013 and/or those who have a large amount (e.g. 1000+) tasks in their Viira database.
We recommend anyone using the add-in to upgrade to the latest version. You can download the latest version from the downloads page.
We are very excited to be announcing that the Viira Outlook Suite for BlackBerry 10, our first offering based on the Viira Cloud Sync Service is now available as a public beta! You can download the beta here.
The Viira Outlook Suite for BlackBerry 10 combines the Viira Outlook Plugin, Viira for BlackBerry 10 and our cloud sync service to provide the first feature-rich, end-to-end solution for Getting Things Done for BlackBerry 10 and Microsoft Outlook.
A due caution: this is beta software so please proceed to download and install it only if you are comfortable with running beta software on your computer and mobile devices. As with all beta software, there may be defects, glitches etc.
We want to thank in advance to everyone who will be participating in the beta program and helping us make the Viira Cloud Sync better for everyone!
We are very excited to announce that the Viira Outlook Suite For BlackBerry 10 Beta has been submitted and currently is waiting for BlackBerry World approval! The Viira Outlook Suite for BlackBerry 10 will provide the ‘missing link’ between Viira for BlackBerry 10 and the Viira Outlook Plugin and use our cloud sync service to provide seamless wireless sync.
Stay tuned for more details!
Over the past few weeks since Viira Outlook Suite version 1.1 was released we ended up performing various housekeeping updates and bug fixes that are now collectively being bundled in this software update. There haven’t been major features introduced or affected in 1.1.03 as the scope of this update has largely been minor fixes, stability enhancements and UI touch-ups.
The bulk of the touch-up were in the The Outlook Plugin though the BlackBerry client did receive a minor tune-up as well.
Here are some of the more notable fixes/ehnancements we did in version 1.1.03:
- Fixed a problem where in certain environments an exception was being generated when closing Outlook (Outlook plugin)
- Added the ability to scroll with the mouse wheel in the task notes field (Outlook plugin).
- New projects and contexts are immediately available for selection when creating a task from email (BlackBerry client).
- Ability to insert a newline in the task notes field by pressing ENTER (Outlook plugin)
You can download the latest version 1.1.03 from the Viira Outlook Suite download page.
Quick Launch Buttons
The quickest way to launch the Viira Outlook Plugin is by clicking on the green checkmark button that you will see in your Outlook toolbar after installing the Outlook plugin. This will launch the plugin in a separate window that you can then minimize or keep open at all times. Clicking on the green checkmark with a red ‘+’ sign will open the New Task form so you can quickly enter a new task. The quick launch and quick add buttons are available in any area of Outlook, including Mail, Calendar, Contacts and Notes.
Things work slightly different in Outlook 2010 where you will see the Viira Outlook Plugin quick launch and quick add buttons appear in the Add-Ins tab.
You can also start The Viira Outlook plugin embedded mode. In embedded mode, the Outlook plugin will stay embedded inside Outlook. To do this open the “Tasks” view in Outlook (Go->Tasks) then click on the area saying “Folder View” in the center-left of your screen (see image below). You will see an option for the Viira Outlook Suite below - click on it and the Outlook plugin will launch inside Outlook.
We are happy to announce that Viira Outlook Suite 1.1 is now available for download. Version 1.1 contains significant productivity enhancements such as email tasks, enhanced UI on both the Outlook plugin and the BlackBerry client as well as touchscreen support for all of you Torch and Storm owners.
We also added a few convenience and time-saving features like the quick add button that lets you quickly add a task from anywhere in Outlook as well as a quick launch button.
Without further ado, here is what’s new in the Viira Outlook Suite 1.1:
- Organize your email. File your email messages into you GTD system from both Outlook and your BlackBerry. Email tasks created from the Viira Outlook Suite Outlook plugin can be then viewed from the BlackBerry client, and vice versa.
- Fast startup. The startup time of both the Outlook plugin and the BlackBerry client have been dramatically increased to give you an even faster access to your portable GTD system.
- Enhanced UI. The Viira Outlook Suite BlackBerry client now sports the UI from Viira 2.2, enabling an intuitive transition between the main views.
- Touchscreen support. Owners of a BlackBerry Torch or Storm can navigate using the touchscreen on their device.
- Search. Quickly locate the tasks you are looking for from the Viira Outlook Suite Outlook plugin Tasks view.
- Quick launch. Lauch the Viira Outlook Suite Outlook plugin quickly from anywhere in Outlook by clicking on the new launch button on the Outlook toolbar.
- Quick add. Add a new Viira Outlook Suite task from anywhere in Outlook! A new quick add button is now available in your Outlook’s toolbar enabling you to jot down ideas and to-dos quickly and with ease.
The Viira Outlook Suite comes with a free trial. As always, the 1.1 update is a complimentary upgrade to all buyers of the 1.0 version.
Outlook 2010 support is now available in the Viira Outlook Suite! As promised earlier to many of you upgrading to MS Outlook 2010 or about to upgrade in the coming months, you can now take full advantage of the only fully-synchronized BlackBerry-Outlook GTD organization system using the latest version of MS Outlook.
You can download the latest version 1.0.5 of the Viira Outlook Suite Outlook plugin from the Viira Outlook Suite downlod page and install the Outloook Suite BlackBerry client OTA by pointing your BlackBerry to our mobile site www.kartamobile.com/bb/outlook.
***IMPORTANT*** To install the Viira Outlook Suite Outlook plugin, you must uninstall any previous versions of the plugin from your computer (via Control Panel->Programs and Features)
While we are still actively working on the Viira Outlook Suite 1.1 and you will be seeing the results within a matter of weeks, we wanted to make MS Outlook 2010 support available as soon as we completed the work on it. Those of you that have Outlook 2010 can continue to apply the principles of Getting Thigns Done day-to-day with your BlackBerry and Outlook!
A month and half after the release of version 1.0 of the Viira Outlook Suite, we are very glad to hear that many of you are using its unique capabilities to stay on top of your commitments and get things done. As this is the first step in what will be a long journey of bringing you the most powerful Getting Things Done-based personal organization system for Outlook and BlackBerry, we wanted to share with you what we are working on and give you a glimpse of what will be coming out next.
- Outlook 2010 support. With teams and organization around the world slowly but surely migrating to the latest version of MS Office, Outlook 2010 integration is at the very top of our to-do list. Outlook 2010 support will be available in the Viira Outlook Suite 1.1, and all buyers of version 1.0 will receive it as a complimentary upgrade.
- Email integration. Incorporating your email in your Getting Things Done organization system is a must-have for many of you who receive dozens, sometimes hundreds of emails a day. We are actively working on email integration and will be rolling it out in the Viira Outlook Suite 1.1.
- Faster startup. Speed of access to your GTD-based organizational system is a critical aspect that we never loose sight of. We constantly strive to make things faster and more efficient and will be rolling out performance enhancements starting with the upcoming Viira Outlook Suite version 1.1. Our internal benchmarks show our enhanced designs having drastic improvements for both the Outlook Suite plugin and the BlackBerry client - so stay tuned!
- The Viira Outlook Suite plugin - accessible from anywhere. We know that many of you power users of Outlook regularly switch between the multiple view in Outlook - Tasks, Email, Contacts, etc. We are actively working on integrating the Viira Outlook Suite plugin with different areas inside MS Outlook in order to provide you with quick, one-click access to you trusted GTD system and all your Viira Outlook Suite data.
We are all very excited for the upcoming 1.1 release, so stay tuned! If you haven`t already done so, you can sign up for updates and be among the first ones to know when the 1.1 is available for download. As we always do with any of our software products, the 1.1 release comes as a complimentary upgrade to all buyers of version 1.0.
he Viira Outlook Suite version 1.0 has been released. We are very proud to be the first to bring you an integrated BlacKBerry-Outlook GTD solution, and hope that it will help you stay on top of your commitments and get things done in your day-to-day lives.
Download The Viira Outlook Suite
Here are the new features that the 1.0 release introduces over the beta version 0.9.8:
- Inbox. All unassigned tasks (i.e. tasks without a project, context or date) appear in your Inbox. A must-have capability for the collection phase of GTD®!
- Outlook Tasks Integration: Your Outlook tasks appear in your Viira Outlook Suite Inbox, ready to be assigned to a project, context or day. Switch from using Outlook for GTD with ease!
- BlackBerry Tasks Integration. Your native BlackBerry tasks appear in the Inbox of your Viira Outlook Suite BlackBerry client.
- Viira 2 Data Import. Buyers of Viira 2 can easily transition their BlackBerry GTD system to the Viira Outlook Suite. Just go to Settings->Import Viira 2 Data (activation required).
The Viira Outlook Suite comes with a 14-day free trial. As with Viira, buyers of the full version of the Viira Outlook Suite will receive point upgrades for free. For example, buyers of the Viira Outlook Suite 1.0 will receive the 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc. as free upgrades.
For more information on how to install, set up and make the most out of the Viira Outlook Suite Outlook plugin and BlackBerry client that comes with it, please visit the Viira Outlook Suite page.
Beta Members, Buyers Of Viira 2 Receive Almost 50% off!
To show our appreciation to everyone who took part in our beta program and helped us ensure that the Viira Outlook Suite works and works well in a wide range of environments, we are extending a one-time offer of $30 off the regular price!
As promised before, buyers of Viira 2 interested in migrating to an integrated BlackBerry-0utlook GTD system get the full purchase price of Viira 2 as a purchase credit towards the Viira Outlook Suite (updated amount will appear in the Paypal checkout page).