For those of you making the transition from the Viira Outlook Suite to the new generation of Viira cloud-synced apps we have provided a migration tool make moving your data a synch.
First make sure to download and install version 5.5.3 or later of the Viira Outlook Add-In. (To check what version of the Viira Outlook Add-In you have installed you can either go to Control Panel->Programs or select “Send Feedback” from the menu).
Here is what you need to do:
- Open the Viira Outlook Add-In
- Click on the right-most button in the button bar (red arrow - see image below)
- Select Import Viira Outlook Suite Data from the menu.
Click on the right-most button to show the More Options menu
This will open the Viira Outlook Suite data migration tool. Note that if you have a large number of Outlook tasks or Viira Outlook Suite tasks the import process can take more than a few seconds to import so please be patient and give the import tool the time it needs to complete.
The data migration tool to help you import your Viira Outlook Suite data to the Viira Outlook Add-In
You can perform this migration not just on the same PC on which you have installed the Viira Outlook Suite in the past. You can also perform the data migration on any another PC with MS Outlook installed and the Outlook tasks moved/migrated/synced from the original PC on which the Viira Outlook Suite was installed. This is because of the way the Viira Outlook Suite integrates deeply with the native tasks - if you move your native tasks over to another PC all the data will still be there to import.
Over the last week we rolled out a couple of important/significant fixes to the Viira Sync product and we would like to announce it to everyone The fixes affect the Viira Outlook Add-In and PC App and are available in version 5.4.3.
Here is what the fix addresses:
- In certain European locales (Germany, Slovenia and others) the Viira Outlook Add-In and the Viira PC App did not transmit task dates correctly because the Windows environment was overriding the Viira date encoding. This resulted in day tasks having incorrect dates when transmitted via the Viira Sync service and synced to Viira on BlackBerry 10. Tasks with due dates in the future appeared incorrectly as overdue.
- On some computers the Viira Outlook Add-In trial appears to end even though the Add-In is run the first time. Restarting the Outlook Add-In or installing the 5.4.3 update will fix this.
The latest version 5.4.3 fixes both issues and can be downloaded from the Viira downloads page.
We just released released version 5.4.1 of Viira for BlackBerry 10, the Viira Outlook Add-In and the Viira PC App. The release introduced deeper calendar integration on your BlackBerry 10, introduces better performance on Outlook as well as stability improvements for Outlook 2013 and contains a few bug fixes
Here is what is new in version 5.4.1:
Viira for BlackBerry 10
- Deeper Calendar Integration: you can now delete and edit an existing calendar event directly from the Viira Day View
- Bug fix: Calendar events in Day View always appear sorted by starting time, with the earlier ones first
- Bug fix: creating a calendar appointment from the Viira Day View create the appointment under the calendar specified Settings
- Bug fix: Backup/restore correctly backs up and restore task, project and context notes. Backup/Restore also correctly backs up/restore email and file task attachments.[This is a good place for a reminder that the Backup/Restore only applies to those who use Viira as a standalone app on their BlackBerry 10. Those who use the Viira Sync Service have automatic cloud-based backup]
Viira Outlook Add-In
- Stability improvements for MS Outlook 2013 and Windows 8. We have addressed the Outlook 2013 Add-In limitations so that the Viira Outlook Add-In works smoothly on Outlook 2013 in particular in combination with Windows 8/8.1.
- Outlook 2013 fix: restored the “Create Viira Task” context with which email and contact task get created.
- Performance improvements: due to enhanced data architecture you should notice a more responsive UI even if there is a sync going on in the background.
Viira PC App
- Performance improvements: due to enhanced data architecture you should notice a more responsive UI even if there is a sync going on in the background.
You can download the latest release from the Viira downloads page.
In this week’s udpate to the sync clients for the Viira Outlook Suite, we have added the following fixes and improvements:
- Ability to sync email tasks. Email tasks created in both the Viira Outlook Plugin and Viira on BlackBerry 10 now get synced as such so you will see the familiar email icon next to email tasks regardless of if they have been created locally or not. Email tasks can also be seen in the Viira Desktop Plugin however no preview is currently avaiable.
- Import Outlook Tasks. The Viira Outlook Plugin automatically imports any Outlook tasks that get created outside of the plugin and adds them to Viira. If you have older Outlook tasks that were there before you installed the Viira Outlook Plugin you can now import those old tasks as well. Go to any task list, right click and go to Settings->Outlook Tasks.
- Fix to prevent client-side race conditions with concurrent syncs. Simultaneous syncs (e.g. if you click the Sync button multiple times) are now streamlined to prevent problems and inconsistencies.
- Easily remove task date (Outlook Plugin and Desktop Client). You can now easiliy and intuitively remove a task’s due date by opening the task for edit and clicking on the red X button next to the task’s date.
- Various other small fixes.
As of this writing version 0.9.8 of the BlackBerry 10 client is still pending BlackBerry World approval. The updated Viira Outlook Plugin and Viira Desktop Client can be downloaded from the beta downloads page.
We made a few fixes and updates to both the beta version of cloud-synced Viira Outlook Plugin and Viira BlackBerry 10 app thanks to the feedback we received. You can download the latest from the beta site.
Here are some of the changes and fixes that are available in the updated sync clients (v. 0.9.6)
- Fixes to email tasks in Outlook plugin. We received a couple of reports of email tasks not working in the outlook plugin and we have fixed that. You can now create an email task in Outlook as always. (Note that for this version of the beta only the task part of an email task syncs whereas the email attachment part “stays” on the Outlook plugin only and doesn’t make it all the way the Viira BlackBerry 10 client).
- Sync authentication fix (BlackBerry 10 client). Under some cirtumstances sync uploads were wrongly denied. If you have experienced this problem the fix is available in version 0.9.6 of the Viira Outlook Suite for BlackBerry 10. Note: applying the fix requires the complete removal of the Viira Outlook Suite beta app on your BlackBerry 10 and then re-installing it again from BlackBerry World.
- Added sample projects for getting started. Both the BlackBerry 10 app and the Outlook plugin now contain a couple of sample projects to help people get started with the Viira Outlook Suite. The projects are available on a brand-new, fresh install.
To update the Viira Outlook Plugin:
- Uninstall the Viira Outlook Plugin by going to Control Panel -> Programs
- Run the installer
Your Viira data will remain on your computer’s harddrive and won’t be affected during the re-install.
To update the Viira Outlook Suite BlackBerry 10 app:
- Delete the Viira Outlook Suite Beta app from your BlackBerry 10. This will delete your Viira data on your BlackBerry 10 but you will get it back by re-syncing after the reinstall.
- Re-install the app from BlackBerry World.
- Re-activate the cloud sync: Click on Activate Sync and enter your Viira sync email and password on the Log In tab
- Sync. This will bring all your data from the cloud to the Viira Outlook Suite Beta app.
Having to delete first and and then re-install the BlackBerry 10 app is something that was uniquely required by this update, it definitely won’t be how updates are handled in the future on BlackBerry 10. But for this particular beta update full delete-install cycle is needed.
Thanks to all of you who sent in your feedback and to everyone who submited their issue reports!
We are very excited to be announcing that the Viira Outlook Suite for BlackBerry 10, our first offering based on the Viira Cloud Sync Service is now available as a public beta! You can download the beta here.
The Viira Outlook Suite for BlackBerry 10 combines the Viira Outlook Plugin, Viira for BlackBerry 10 and our cloud sync service to provide the first feature-rich, end-to-end solution for Getting Things Done for BlackBerry 10 and Microsoft Outlook.
A due caution: this is beta software so please proceed to download and install it only if you are comfortable with running beta software on your computer and mobile devices. As with all beta software, there may be defects, glitches etc.
We want to thank in advance to everyone who will be participating in the beta program and helping us make the Viira Cloud Sync better for everyone!
As promised earlier today, we have completed the integration of the fixes from the Viira 4.0.5 update into the Viira Outlook Suite BlackBerry client. Version 2.1.02 of the Outlook Plugin and BlackBerry client are now available for download from the downloads page.
Here is the list of fixes addressed in this update:
- Fix to the Next Actions shortcut interceptor in the BlackBerry client. Entering special symbols in the Quick Add field that are also keyboard shortcuts now works correctly and you can now use symbols like ‘@’ (ALT+P), ‘-’ (Alt+I), ‘5′ (ALT+D) and ‘9′ (ALT+C) in the quick add field without unintentionally triggering a view change.
- Setting Hide Completed in order to hide completed tasks is now a system-wide setting that survives system restarts/battery pulls (BlackBerry client).
- Problems with search in the Outlook plugin under certain conditions mostly related to BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) environments are now fixed.
The Viira Outlook Suite 2.1 is now available for download. The goal of this release is to provide support for more advanced aspects of GTD and personal organization like multiple contexts, next actions and an intuitive dashboard as well as to further refine the Outlook plugin to make it more intuitive, smart and effective.
We would have liked to make this release available earlier however intense work on our upcoming cloud sync service prevented us from doing so. To all of you counting on the Viira Outlook Suite in your day-to-day life and eagerly waiting for this update , thank you for your patience!
Without further ado, here is what’s new in version 2.1 of the Viira Outlook Suite:
- Next Actions View. Next Actions are a core concept in Getting Things Done and you can now manage those with ease with the Viira Outlook Suite. The new Next Actions view (available on both the BlackBerry client and the Outlook Plugin) displays all tasks that have been marked as next actions. To help you focus on what is actionable first, next actions also appear specially marked and are automatically displayed at the top of any list.
- Multiple contexs. Any task can now be tagged with multiple contexts from both the BlackBerry client and the Outlook plugin. You can assign as many contexts as you want! This powerful feature will allow you to file and organize a task in multiple filing “buckets” and make it easier to find the task when it’s time to find the next action that needs to be completed.
- Dashboard. The new dashboard is your new organization control center and provides you with one-click access to the major areas from within the BlackBerry client. The dashboard is touch screen enabled making navigation on touchscreen models like the Bold 9900 or Torch 98xx series as easy as a tap on the screen.
- Hide Completed. Focus only on the things that are left uncompleted. Hide Completed is now available on both the Outlook plugin and the BlackBerry client.
- Enhanced Outlook plugin. We have made numerous improvements to the Outlook plugin to make it more intuitive, smarter and effective. We have added right-click menues to make performing common operations quicker and easier as well as improved the stability and overall performance.
You can download the latest version from the Viira Outlook Suite download page.
The Viira Outlook Suite 2.1 is a complimentary upgrade to all buyer of version 2.0. Buyers of the previous version of the Viira Outlook Suite or Viira (including older versions like the 2.0 and 3.0) are elligible to upgrade for a special low price.
Version 2.1 requires BlackBerry OS 5 or better and Microsoft Outlook 2003 or better.
We are happy to announce that verison 2.0 of the Viira Outlook Suite is now available for download. In this verison we have introduced big improvements in both the Outlook plugin and the BlackBerry client in order to bring an even more intuitive, effective and deeply-integrated productivity experience for all of you.
Here is what’s new in version 2.0 of the Viira Outlook Suite:
- Contact tasks [Outlook screenshot here]: Create tasks based on your contacts when you need to call, contact or follow-up with anyone. Simply select Create Viira Suite Task from the right-click menu in your Outlook contacts or from the menu in your BlackBerry Contacts application.
- Touch-screen interface. Owners of a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Torch 98xx series device can perform all frequent actions with a tap on the screen.
- Memo tasks [Outlook plugin screenshot here]: Integrate notes and memos into your GTD system with ease. Just like contact tasks, memo tasks can be created both on your BlackBerry and from Outlook and get synchronized between the two.
- Quick Add: Add New Tasks Quickly. Perfect for the times where you have a number of new tasks or ideas to record, the quick add field enables you to enter them one after the other in quick succession. Just type in the tasks name and press ENTER, then repeat as needed! Available from both the Outlook plugin and BlackBerry client.
- Print. You can now print from any of the views of the Outlook plugin.
- Overdue tasks in Outlook plugin. Just like in the BlackBerry client, the Day View tab of the Outlook plugin displays all overdue tasks in red to make sure no tasks gets inadvertently forgotten.
- Starred projects and contexts. Mark your important or frequently used project or contexts with a star. Starred projects and contexts always appear at the top of the list making it easier to navigate or select them.
- Compact Mode. Fit more of your Viira data on your BlackBerry’s screen. Particularly useful for owners of touch screen models like the BlackBerry 9900 or the BlackBerry Torch series, turning on compact mode lets you see more of your tasks for any project, context or day. You can turn on Compact Mode by going to Settings->General Settings->Compact Mode.
- And more! The new release contains a number of other small updates, too numerous to list here.
Version 2.0 of the Viira Outlook Suite requires BlackBerry OS 5.0 or better and is compatible with all versions of MS Outlook since 2003. You can download the latest version from the Viira Outlook Suite download page.
As always, the Viira Outlook Suite comes with a 14-day free trial and buyers of previous versions as well as Viira 3 can upgrade for a special low price.
Viira Mobile Checkout
We know that being able to do anything that you can from your computer or laptop with your mobile device is very important to many of you. That’s why buyers of both Viira and the Viira Outlook Suite have always been able to purchase the full version directly from their BlackBerry with Paypal.
Over the past week we decided to take advantage of some recent improvements in mobile payment technology in order to enhance the mobile checkout experience.
Here is a screen capture of what the new Paypal mobile checkout page looks like. It provides a detailed description of the item as well as a stylish Paypal login page. Buyers of the Viira Outlook Suite can also use the enhanced mobile checkout.
To buy the full version directly from your BlackBerry just click on “Buy Viira”/”Buy Full Version” from the context menu or point your BlackBerry’s browser to our mobile site www.kartamobile.com/bb.