Viira 4.0 is ready and available for download. We always strive to provide a more powerful, effective and intuitive experience for Getting Things Done and we believe that the latest release will help you take your personal productivity to the next level.
The main theme within this release is two-fold: richer integration with your native BlackBerry applications like Contacts, Memos and Messages as well as support for advanced aspects of Getting Things Done like Next Actions.
Without further ado, here is what’s new in Viira 4.0:
- Contact tasks. You can now organize your communications, tasks and commitments with your contacts - and add a touch of CRM to your GTD system. Creating a task based on a contact is easy - just select a contact in your Contacts application and select Create Viira Task from the menu. Contact tasks maintain a link to the original contact making it easy to call, email and follow-up.
- Next Actions View. Next Actions are a core concept in Getting Things Done and Viira helps you manage those with ease. The new Next Actions view displays all tasks that have been marked as next actions. To help you focus on what is actionable first, next actions also appear specially marked and are automatically displayed at the top of any list.
- Multiple contexs. Any Viira task can now be tagged with multiple contexts - as many as you want. This powerful feature will allow you to file and organize a task in multiple filing “buckets” and make it easier to find the task when it’s time to find the next action that needs to be completed.
- Memo tasks. Incorporate existing notes to your GTD system by creating tasks based on your notes and memos. Once created, a memo task will hold a link to the original memo making it easy to view it by clicking on View Memo.
- Dashboard. The Viira dashboard is your new organization control center and provides you with one-click access to the major areas within Viira.
- Email Tasks integration. Email tasks created with Viira 4 maintain a link to the original email making it easy to view the email as well as to reply and forward it.
- Two-way task sync. Viira now syncs with your native Tasks app: every task created in Viira gets added to your native tasks and any task entered in your Tasks app is added to your Viira In-Basket for further assignment. You can now sync your tasks to any cloud sync provider such as Google Tasks.
- Data export/import to/from SD Card. We have made it easier to backup your Viira data or move it to a new or replacement BlackBerry device. Starting with Viira 4 you can importa and export all your Viira data to and from your SD Card. The new feature is accessible from the Settings screen.
- And more! We have added a number of other productivity and convenience enhancements. For example, completed tasks now automatically get moved at the bottom of any task lists while task marked as next actions always go to the top.
As always, Viira 4 comes with a free trial so download the free trial and see for yourself what you can accomplish with Viira now! You can also download Viira Over-The-Air by pointing your BlackBerry’s browser to our mobile site www.kartamobile.com/bb.
Viira 4 is supported on BlackBerry OS 5 or better and buyers of older version can upgrade for a special low price.
Note to App World buyers: in order to take advantage of our special upgrade pricing you must register with the same email as App World.
Viira Outlook Suite Buyers
[UPDATE] For those of you currently using the Viira Outlook Suite, version 2.0 of the BlackBerry client already contains most of the new features introduced in Viira 4, such as contact tasks, memo tasks, email integration, two-way task sync, etc. So you don’t need to upgrade.
The remaining new features in Viira 4 like the dashboard and Next Actions view will be added to the BlackBerry client in version 2.1 which will be a complimentary upgrade to all buyers of the 2.0.